Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Ireland & United KingdomGenWeb Project Logo

Advanced

WALLS and WATSON

Posted by Deanne Walls 
WALLS and WATSON
August 02, 2002 07:56AM
My gg-father John (1) Walls married Isabella Watson in Clackmannan in 1835. One of their sons, John was born in 1836. John came to Australia in the 1850s. He had at least one brother (Hugh). I would really love to know more about John, Isabella and their families. From LDS searches, I think that John (1) parents could have been Alexander and Margaret (nee Meikljohn) but I have no proof at all. Any suggestions on how I can find out more would be appreciated.
Re: WALLS and WATSON
August 21, 2002 07:44AM
Margart Watson may have been my grt grt grans half sister. If you get back to me I will give you more info.
August 08, 2006 09:39AM
I have an Alexander Walls, ploughman, birthdate anywhere between 1778-1786, birthplace stated as either Clak or Muckhart Perth.
He married Margaret Meiklejohn ? b 12 Aug 1788/1790 in Camshinie, Dunblane

They had a son William Walls b 21 Feb 1821 b Muckhart Perth, christened 04 Mar 1821. William married Catherine Scrimgeour on 9 Dec 1842
William Walls and Catherine had
1.Peter b 1847 ? langour Tillicoutry Clack (m Janet Harrower, my great grandmother in 1882) Peter was a ship's fireman, jumped ship in Australia never to be seen again.
other children of this marriage were
2. James (witness to marriage of Peter and Janet)
3. John b 19 Nov 1856 Alloa Clack
4. Andrew 13 Aug 1859 Tillicoutry Clack
September 18, 2006 04:36PM
Hi Maureen. Your g g grandmother Janet had a sister called Ann whose husband, Richard Henry Olver, is in my family tree. My husband is also connected to the Harrowers in Clackmannanshire and I've been doing a lot of work on them. Please contact me if you're interested. Lorna
September 30, 2006 03:21AM
Hi

I now have much more info on my ancestors. John Walls born c.1815 was the son of John and Elizabeth (nee White) Walls. John Walls (2) married Isabella Watson in 1835.

John (3), my g-grandfather was born in 1836 and came to Australia in 1856 on the ship "Conway." John's brother Hugh remained in Scotland and married Mary Kerr. Mary's parents were John and Marion (nee Coutts) Kerr.

Hugh and Mary Walls had two children: James c.1869 and Mary.

I would love to know what became of James.

Deanne
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login