Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Ireland & United KingdomGenWeb Project Logo

Advanced

william brock

Posted by J.C.B. ROCKY 
william brock
May 30, 2006 08:37PM
I would like to get any information on William Brock b17-08-1803 married to Janet Campbell (d.o.b unknown)on 08-12-1826.Janets father was John Campbell,(d.o.b unknown) and her mother was Margaret Gunn, (d.o.b around 1763).Also William Brock(d.o.b unknown)married to Margarett (Peggy) Sutherland, (d.o.b. unknown)on 25-09-1802.All in Thurso.I believe that Margarett Gunn had a reltive named Isaacc McKey around the 1763 period. Regards John Brock.
Re: william brock
July 25, 2009 09:28AM
John -

Are you still looking for info? Perhaps we can swap some. I started researching about 2-3 years ago and got back that far also. I believe I am a great(x3) grandson of that William. My great grandfather, Robert Thomson Brock, was the 8th child of William Manson Brock, who I believe was that William's son. I have some info from Steven Edwards in Aberdeen (a cousin by marriage) tracing the lineage from 1798 onward.

Bob
December 20, 2009 04:03AM
I have a Robert Thomson Brock b 1876 Scotland married to Mary Ann Shirreffs. Mary Ann was daughter of Alexander Shirreffs and Ann Dundas. Alexander is the son of Alexander Shirreffs and Cecilia Inglis, my 2nd Great Grand Aunt.

I can provide information on the Inglis side of the Brock connection back to William Inglis of 1749 New Battle, Midlothian.

My research of the Brock connection has taken me to a possible relative in Tempe, Arizona.

Neil
nspacinsky@cogeco.ca
December 20, 2009 04:40PM
Neil -

That's GREAT! The Tempe connection would most likely be through George Brock, Robert T.'s brother. I've got a fair amount of info that my son and I collected through available sources a couple of years ago. I'll have to find it, but you're welcome to it. I've had to take a couple of years off the search due to job changes and moves, but I am always interested in expanding the knowledge base, before it gets lost.

Contact me off list @ highlandertv@gmail.com and I will forward you what I have.

Bob
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login