Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Ireland & United KingdomGenWeb Project Logo

Advanced

McCurrach

Posted by Judith Flory 
McCurrach
November 13, 2001 04:07PM
I am looking for ancestors from Rathven. I have traced back to my GGG grandfather, William McCurrach. I am also interested in any information on the McCurrach name, I cannot find any information in surname books. My Grandmother believed that the McCurrachs were part of the MacPherson clan, but I don't know if this is true.
Re: McCurrach
October 19, 2005 08:10AM
My GrandFather was William Thomas McCurrach and my GrandMother was Helen McCurrach both of Teaneck, NJ. and He came over to USA in 1907 from Scotland, check the Ellis Island records.
I have 7 half-brothers and sisters in the Bogata and Teaneck, Nk. area. Plus one older brother in Georgia, and I am in Wolcott,Connecticut. My off-spring are two redheaded daughters in Pittsburgh, Pa, from my first wife.
September 15, 2006 05:18PM
Hi, just came across your post about the McCurrach surname, you will notice I am a McCurrach. My father is a William McCurrach, he was born in Crief, Scotland in 1933. My mother has spent many years tracing the origins of the family surname and may be able to help you with your questions. I am seeing her next week, if you wish I can pass on details of this website and ask her if she will make contact and maybe help out.
I can answer one thing, yes the McCurrachs were/are part of the Macpherson clan.
Regards
Wilma
August 04, 2007 01:08AM
My great grandfather William McCurrach was born 1860 in Grange. His father Alexander was a Crofter, but William became a Custom House Officer or tax man. I know that he was in Banff in 1884, and Grangemouth in 1887 and Fraserburgh in 1889 when he married Maggie Mackie from Banffshire.
I know he had a sister Janet who died at 15 of TB, but I can't find any other brothers and sisters for him, unusual for the time. Would be grateful for any assistance here.
September 29, 2007 02:45PM
Hi Dorothy,
I have a William McCurrach married to Isabella Morrison; they have a son John b. Abt 1851 in Marnoch.
Do you have any info on this line.

Regards
Jill
March 05, 2010 05:21AM
Hello;
I have just starated searching for my McCurrach ancesters and stumbled upon this web site. I notice however that, unfortunately, the posts are 2 years or older.
My grandfather was John (Jack) Mccurrach who immigrated to Canada around 1910. His parents were John and Susanna McCurrach (nee Masson) of Elgin and his grandparents were William and Ann McCurrach (nee Taylor) who, in the 1871 census, were living in St. Andrews Lhanbryd. William was born in Rathven. I am interested in finding out more about his (William's) family. I am also interestedd in the origions of the family surname. My family say that the McCurroch's origionally came from Ireland and they agree that McCurrach's were part of the MacPherson clan.

Any information on the McCurrachs would be appreciated.

Thanks
Barbara

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/05/2010 02:36AM by bfousek.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login