Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Ireland & United KingdomGenWeb Project Logo

Advanced

Alexander Fraser, Nurseryman, Died 1830, Aberdeen

Posted by ritekgirl 
Alexander Fraser, Nurseryman, Died 1830, Aberdeen
May 29, 2009 08:56AM
I am writing to you from Central Victoria, Australia.

I am hoping that someone may be able to either help me or point me in the right direction in sorting out the parentage of my 3 x Great Grandfather, Alexander FRASER (sometimes spelt FRAZER).

Currently this is the information I have collected is from various birth, death and marriage records:
Name: Alexander Fraser,
Birth date: most likely around 1795-1800
Death (or burial) date: 14 Jan 1830, Aberdeen.
Burial Register text: “Alexander Fraser, Nurseryman, Ferryhills”
Spouse: Agnes KIETH (sometimes spelt KEITH) [born 1799, died 1848]
Marriage: 2 Mar 1828, Old Machar, Aberdeenshire.
Bann register text: “Alexander Fraser, Nursery-man, Ferryhill and Agnes Keith Daughter of John Keith Manager Poynernook both in this parish, signified their purpose of marriage by Mr Wm Taylor, Elder and being thrice proclaimed”
Children:
1. Margret (or Margaret) FRAZER, christened Old Machar, 9 Jan 1829 [My 2 x Great Grandmother]; and
2. Alexander Keith FRAZER, christened Old Machar, 12 Jun 1830.

I am now at an impasse as it is difficult to narrow down who his parents may be. I was hoping the Ferryhill reference might provide a clue but it does not seem to appear in other records I’ve been able to find.

I have searched the internet high and low, including sites such as Ancestry.com, findmypast, rootsweb, google, ScotlandsPeople...... you name it – I’ve looked. I’ve obtained digital copies of the relevant records to give me the above information, however none gives any indication of who his parents were.

Over the course of this research this particular Alexander FRASER has been linked with no less than 6 different sets of parents . I was hoping you may have something in your archives that could help solve the mystery, or perhaps you could suggest further contacts for me. I am unsure if there are likely to be any other records pertaining to his death or marriage that might give a hint to his parentage.

I look forward to your early response.

Leanne Grogan
RESEARCHING THESE FAMILY HISTORIES
PRENTICE / HUEBNER / SEEL / LITSTER
GROGAN / McEWEN / GOLDSMITH / RAYNES
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login