Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Ireland & United KingdomGenWeb Project Logo

Advanced

Peter-Center, Center-Brody, Center/Senter-Scott, Peter-MacGregor (mcNabb?,Robertson)

Posted by castlemom 
I've hit a family "brick wall".

Oldest information I have is George Peter marries Margaret Center 1842, Montquhitter.

Margaret Center is sister to several boys including John, Alexander, George Center.John took the leap to US (Wisconsin then San Fransisco, where he became rich and famous) George Peter and Margaret Center-Peter went to SF with 5-7 of their 14 children circa 1870. Father Center (minister) married female (Mary?)
Brody and letters indicate that Margaret or Margarets mother was cousin to Sir Walter Scott. Male Center married female Scott (sister to Sir Walter Scott's father)LOOKING FOR CONFIRMATION/DOCUMENTATION.

George Peter was a stable boy for Father Center. Built a church-school in or near Aberdeenshire sometime between 1842-70. They had 12-13 children. George Peter and Margaret Center had to marry in the family kitchen because she was a nurse midwife thus a shame to her family. Family stories are that somewhere down the blood line we is a MacGregor. From a son of Rob Roy, a baby girl we think. We can not find George Peters parents. We feel a deep need to find our line and clan.
Desperate for George Peters family!! !! !! He was born George Peter abt 1811, we think in Peterhead?

We wish to walk into the mists of time . . . . . . .

Post script: I will share ALL US info. from 1839 forward on George and Margaret Peter and John Center (and siblings who followed).
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login