Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Ireland & United KingdomGenWeb Project Logo

Advanced

Pithie/McBain

Posted by cabwebb 
Pithie/McBain
February 04, 2008 07:57PM
I am looking for anyone connected to the Pithie or McBain family. My g-g-grandfather, Charles Pithie, was born ca. 1817 in Aberdeen/Aberdeenshire. He married Ann McBain at Old Machar ca. 1839. In the 1841 Scotland Census, he was listed with his wife and infant child, William, in Aberdeen in Greyfriar's Parish. He was in the textile business. There was also at this time a William Pithie living close by with his family. He was a bookseller. I would like to get some advice as to how to determine if these two families are related. Also, Charles Pithie was later located as a Charles Pithey living in New York City in the 1850 US Federal Census. By this time, the family consisted of his wife, Ann, his son William, 10 years old (was 11mos.old in 1841), and 2 children, Charley and Mary (both born in Scotland, 1845 and 1847 respectively), and a young son, David, who was born in the US in 1849. Also living with this family was a neighbor from Aberdeen, Mary Glenny/Glennie. She was a flax dresser. Charles Sr. was listed as a carpet weaver. All Pithey males in this family were volunteer soldiers in the Civil War. I have these records plus other records from the US.Now I need something more from Aberdeen or other locations in Scotland. Any suggestions are appreciated.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login