Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Ireland & United KingdomGenWeb Project Logo

Advanced

Munn

Posted by donna 
Munn
July 02, 2002 08:59PM
My first attempt searching Scotland. Would appreicate any information Alexander McAlpine Munn, b. UNK, d. disappeared battle 1776, m. UNK. I'm especially interested in their son John Munn b. 1755 Scotland, d. abt. 1840, Kershaw County, SC, USA.
Thank you in advance.
Hoping to find new cousins,
donna in TX
T M Munn
Re: Munn
April 18, 2005 07:51PM
My husband's GGGGrandfather was Alexander McAlpine Munn. An excellent book, MUNN ca.200AD-1993, by Fred O. Munn of Charlotte, NC, based on 20 years research by Irvin Munn of Chickasha, Oklahoma would be a treasure to have. Sorry, I don't know how to obtain a copy.
John, Alexander's son, is buried in the Munn Cem. in Bethune, SC. He was married twice: 1 Catherine McCall, 2. Margaret Blue
He had the following children:Jane(b.1798), Daniel(b.1800), Duncan(b.1802), Angus(b. 1806), John(b. 1816), Mary(b1810), and Malcolm(b.1789,1790?) They were all born in Bladen Co., NC.
My husband's line is: Alexander McAlpine Munn + Mary Haggard > John Munn + Catherine McCall > John Munn + Sarah Jane Young > Neil Benjamin Munn + Martha Jane Privette > Wallace Munn + Maggie Bell Register > Millard Lide Munn + Teresa Medlin
April 19, 2005 04:10AM
Thank you for responding to my query. I have some pages of Fred Munn's book
that another Alexander McAlpine Munn descendant sent me. I've seen the copy
she has. I've recently been told by another Munn researcher that she has
found errors in the Munn book but thought it still worthwhile to have a
copy. Several years ago I wrote a letter to Irvin Munn but did not hear from
him. I did not have an e-mail address or phone number.
I have not been able to visit the Munn Cemetery in Bethune, do you by chance
had an address or location? There is some confusion as to how many Munn
Cemeteries there are in that area of SC. One is now on private property and
fenced I've been told but not the location.
My line is: Alexander McAlpine MUNN + UNK>John MUNN + Catherine McCALL>Angus
MUNN + Mary COCHRAN>Joseph MUNN + Emaline SULLIVAN>Susannah MUNN.
Angus md twice, 1st to Mary SCROTER, I have only the name of one child born
to them, Angus J. MUNN born 1837, died 1919.
2nd married Mary COCHRAN, their children: Eliza born 1844, died UNK; William
born 1846, died UNK; Joseph born 1848 died after 1900; and Alonzo born 1850,
died 1891.
Hoping to hear from you again and other Alexander McAlpine Munn
descendants/researchers. Would love to exchange and share info.
donna in TX
August 13, 2010 01:17AM
Fred Munn was my Grandfather. My mom now has most of the research and (I think) a few extra copies of the book. If you are interested in getting a copy or would like to make corrections, you can contact me.

Richard in WV
March 02, 2011 05:59AM
Hi, Richard. My name is Mary Bess Wilson, and I came across this Munn family post in researching my husband's McNealy family. All of my life I was told my great grandmother's name was Bessie Mumm, and I just connected the dots that her mom's family was the Munn family mentioned above from South Carolina. If you have a copy or two of the book left, I would love to get one for my mom and one for me. How would you prefer I contact you regarding the shipping, etc. If you do have any remaining?Thank you! I am very excited!

Kind Regards,
Mary Bess
March 11, 2011 11:28AM
My mom & I went through some of the stuff she got from my Grandad. We only found 1 extra copy of the book, which has now sold. I have ordered a copy of Family Tree Maker from Ancestry.com and will work on copying the data into digital format, but that process may take me years.
February 20, 2012 04:47PM
So did any of ya'll ever find out exactly where the Munn Cemetery in Bethune is? I would love to visit it. Also, Do any of yall know where the Holley Family Cemetery is? Stephen Pink Munn and his son that died as an infant are supposed to be in Holley. Any information would be great!! Thanks!
February 03, 2015 11:54PM
hello

I have been recently tinkering with my mothers side of the family Munn, which is well documented;

in case this helps my Grandfather Wesley Munn was Born in PEI and this is his link back:

Wesley was born to Donald and Margaret smith.

His grandparents were Donald and Jane smith

His great grandparents were Neil and Mary McLeod

His great great grand parents were Donald and Sara Mc Lean

His great x3 grand parents were Duncan Munn and Flora Brown.

Duncan and Flora left Colonsay Scotland on the Spencer with 151 immigrants to settle in PEI in 1806.

Duncan’s parents were James McAlpine (1713/1776) and Mary McAlpine Doniell of Argyllshire, Scotland

It appears one branch of Munns went to Washington State from PEI.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login