Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Ireland & United KingdomGenWeb Project Logo

Advanced

McBride

Posted by Patricia Busse 
McBride
July 20, 2005 03:44PM
I am trying to find information of a George Henry McBride Who settled in Canada and was the trader at Fort Temiscaminque in Quebec.About 1817, He married a Native American Woman named Louisa Kanipawitch (Kariporito, Kaniporito) His Father's name was Hugh McBride. He died in 1822 in Temiscaminque, Quebec Canada. They had at least 2 children, Angus, who returned to Quebec and Marie, Who was the Mother of My Great Grandmother. Any information at all will be helpful. Thank You in advance
Re: George Henry McBride
July 07, 2007 12:42AM
Hello:

I have discovered your message dated July 20, 2005 requesting information on George Henry McBride. I do have some information, if you are still interested. I am descended from his son, Angus McBride, who was married to Elizabeth Flora Polson. Their daughter, Annie McBride was married to my great-grandfather, Abraham Miller.

I have visited another website which lists the following surnames connected to Marie: Garon, Thibault, Demers, to name a few.

Any information that you have about the McBrides is also of interest to me.

Thank you.
Re: McBride
March 26, 2012 03:40AM
Angus McBride Sr. was my Great Great Grandfather. He had eleven children, John, Flora, William, Mary Ann (my Great Grandmother), Elisabeth, Jane, Angus Jr., Thomas, Julia and Charles. Angus' father George Henry McBride, was the son of Hugh McBride, and was born in Scotland. I too am looking for more information. I have found information on George Henry McBride and Angus McBride in a book called "Fort Timiskaming and the Fur Trade" as well as a bit in the Hudson Bay Site. I'd love to see some photos of any of the family, or stories.
Re: McBride
May 20, 2015 10:29AM
Hello, my name is Angela Mayhew. Angus McBride was my Great-Great-Grandfather on my Mother's side. My Mother is Sheila Chollette, her mother was Laura Chollette, her grandmother was Mary Chollette married to Olivier, and Mary was the daughter of Angus McBride. I have very few photos or information. Do you have any photos? mayhewangela@gmail.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login