Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Ireland & United KingdomGenWeb Project Logo

Advanced

Mckillop

Posted by linda mckillop 
Mckillop
May 19, 2000 01:23PM
I am looking for the McKillop family of Balleycastle,Ireland. Please contact me.
Re: Mckillop
May 30, 2006 05:38PM
Linda,
Received an email this morning from a Jim McKillop in New York. We are both researching McKillops. He says he may have a connection to the Thomas McKillop in my family history, below. He had a John and wife, Rosetta (Cassidy) emigrating to greenpoint, brooklyn, N.Y. in 1884 from Ballycastle, Antrim, but didn't have much more than that. Look at my list below, does anything match what you're looking for?

James McCauley b. 1859 d. 1906 in Portland, Oregon.
Hannah McKillop b. 1862 d. abt. 1892 in Portland, Oregon.
Children: (4) Robert, James, David, John

James McKillop b. 1826 Antrim, Ireland d. 3/10/1881 in Ireland
Martha McMeekin b. 1828 Antrim, Ireland d. 1884
Children: (10) James, David, Robert, William, Hannah, Alexander, Archie, Abraham, Martha, and Thomas

James McKillop's Father: James (b. Scotland) Mother: Unknown
Martha McMeekin's Father: Archibald Mother: Margaret
August 06, 2006 01:41PM
Hi,
Im the Jim McKillop mentioned in the above Email. My greatgrandparents John and Rosetta (Cassidy)McKillop emigrated to Greenpoint Brooklyn between 1887 and 1894. The only leads I have in their life before emigration from Ireland is their death certificates.Their parents names were Thomas McKillop and Annie McKay for John and Randall Cassidy and Mary McMullen for Rosetta. I know they were from Ballycastle area becuse they left one daughter there and we still have contact with them.
Any info. you may have
could help
Jim McKillop in N.Y.
E-mail jirm@optonline.net
p.S. does anyone have any info on the Thomas McKillop born to the James McKillop and Martha McMeeken mentioned above he could have been around the right age to be the father of my John J. McKillop who I estimate to have been born arond 1867
March 30, 2009 01:25PM
mc meekens my great grandmother you help me and i help u carol ot hotrodbilly48@yahoo.com i know who your great grandfather is.leave me a phone number we can call you.ty carol

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/30/2009 01:29PM by hotrodbilly48.
April 05, 2009 02:34AM
Hi,
I have found a lot of info since my post in 2006. I dont know if I can help you but let me know. Id apreciate your help
Thanks Jim McKillop jirm@optonline.net
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login