Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Ireland & United KingdomGenWeb Project Logo

Advanced

Any Geoghans from Galway?

Posted by Maud Jarvis 
Any Geoghans from Galway?
July 20, 2009 10:34AM
Seeking any information about the Geoghan family, blieved to be from Galway
My gt grandfather was Stephen Geoghan born about 1841 his father was Lawrence or Laurence?
Stephen maried in Stafford England in 1846 to Louisa Paddison.

In 1885 Louisa and the children were in the Stafford workhouse, do not know where Stehen was, however in 1901 he appeared on the census living in Liverpool.
In the meantime, Louisa had remarried to Alfred Davis in 1885 stating she was a widow, had she been told that Stephen had died, or had she presumed this?

The children were sent to Canada and their surname changed to GAGAN the two daughters Laura & Grace remained in Canada but Stephen the son born 1873 left Canada in 1901 and went to Scotland (Glasgow) with his wife Mabel Grant and daughter Laura Maud born 1896 in Ontario the other children were born in Scotland

I am seeking contact with any descendants in Ireland or anyone who knows of the family and can provide information
Can you help???
Re: Any Geoghans from Galway?
March 25, 2010 07:50PM
Interestingly my grandfather (William Patrick McGrath) was born in 1900. His parents were John McGrath married to Kate Geoghagan. The only records I have found for Wm McGrath have him born in Graugh-Well Co, Gallway Ireland. He came to the USA in 1922 from Cobh, Queenstown. Don't know if they are related but would love to find some Iink to him in Ireland - unfortunately right now I have not been able to locate any additional information.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login