Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Ireland & United KingdomGenWeb Project Logo

Advanced

Irish Family Research HELP

Posted by Suzanne 
Irish Family Research HELP
May 22, 2003 12:40PM
There is a brilliant website called www.irishfamilyresearch.co.uk which has lots of old 19th Century Residents Directories available to search, as well as useful info. on local genealogy books, museums, libraries etc that can help you with your research. Hope this is of some help to you.
Suzy.
I am researching my ancestors and have come to a brick in my wall. Im looking for the parents of Samuel Killian 1810-1870 born in Lancaster, Pennsylvania USA, he was married to Mary H Kline 1808-1880 on July 15,1832 in Lancaster Pa They had 10-12 children all born in Lancaster Pa. I know for a 100% fact thru descendants that my family originated in Ireland and not Germany
I cannot find one piece of information on Samuels parents, this leads me to believe that his parent/parents made the journey from Ireland. Ive tried cross referencing information from the children, spouses of children…. Everything and I cannot find one single thing.
Thanks
Jeff Killian
Re: Irish Family Research HELP
April 09, 2006 07:38AM
Thank you Suzanne for that web link, i was starting to despair! I have no real starting point apart from the fact that my ancestor was the father of my grandad who was married in Leicester, England in 1921. My Grandad was born in 1897 but where? He was definitely brought up in England. But his father had died by 1921 and little is known of him apart from the fact that he was Irish and came from South of Dublin.I would estimate Jack Cooke's date of birth as 1870ish and he was a stoker. Could that be on the railways? who knows this is a very steep learning curve for me!
Anyway, very best wishes with your research!
Iain M Cooke
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login