Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Ireland & United KingdomGenWeb Project Logo

Advanced

I want to start research of the DEACON's from Co WEXFORD Enniscorthy area

Posted by Heppy65 
I want to start research of the DEACON's from Co WEXFORD Enniscorthy area
January 13, 2007 08:59PM
Please will someone tell me anything they know about the DEACON'S from Co Wexford and that area. going back as far as you like, especially if you are a DEACON or married to one.

Thanks,

Heppy
Re: I want to start research of the DEACON's from Co WEXFORD Enniscorthy area
October 05, 2009 07:27PM
From Enniscorthy Roots 1901;

George's st (6)
Deacon Sarah; Frederick (cycle agent)
(that's the only one I found)
1911 census can be got here;[www.census.nationalarchives.ie]

From Houses of Wexford;
Ballybaun House, Rathnure. (History)
The report is that Ben Deacon built this house in the 1920's or 1930's, or alternately repaired the existing house. When Deacon bought the then house, it had been idle for some years.

Ballybrennan House, Bree (History)
John Rothwell died in 1901, and his widow, Susan, married John Deacon in 1906, and the holding remained in Deacon ownership until a few years before Bill Deacon died in 1977. The Deacon's could not properly maintain the house, and it fell into destitution.

Belmont, Clonroche (History)
Torwards the latter part of the 19th century, the Elder family, from Lanarkshire, in Scotland, purchased the property, and in 1886, janette Elder married Thomas Henry Deacon.

Gorteen, Bunclody (History)
Tom Deacon from Kilbranish, the presents owners great-granduncle, bought the property from the Thompson's and deacon's have resided here ever since. After Tom, the property passed to his nephew Sam in 1906, and thence in 1940 to Sam's son Joe, and to his grandson Robert in 1984.

Riverview House, Rathnure (History)
The Whitney's , a Cromwellian family, married into the property, and a Deacon, the great-grandfather of the present owner, Billy Deacon, married a Whitney.
November 17, 2014 06:04PM
John Deacon was the father of Thomas,
Abraham and Jane. Abrahandied 1797, he was married aato Margaret Shirtliffe and had 7 children.

Peter Deacon
December 09, 2014 10:01AM
Thomas Whitney Moneytucker Co Wexford.

Thomas Whitney (1815 - 1884) married Harriet Deacon (1816 - 1906) their children included Benjamin b.1835, William Henry, Thomas Samuel b.1846, Robert b.1845 - 1862, John Frederick, Charlotte Matilda, Arthur Wellesley.
December 09, 2014 01:16PM
I have a large family tree that you are welcome to have if you wish. Most ofthe stuff you need are in my family tree an I have hundred pages of Deacon research. Let me know wht yoy want and need.

Peter mickey.peter@rogers.com
Hi Peter - Would your Deacon research have a Margretta Sarah Berny(sp?) Deacon 1903-1973 (nee Redding) and Samuel Deacon married 1919 - parents of Florence Martha Deacon (b 1920-d 2002) Albert Deacon ( b 1921 - d 1989) and Sydney Deacon B 1939 ish I am named after Margretta - my grandmother. She is in the 1911 Census in Enniscorthy and I believe they were married in Enniscorthy. I live in the US so doing this from afar.

Thank you and hope this gets to you,
Margretta Rimmler

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/19/2017 05:47PM by ggrimmler@gmail.com.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login