Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Ireland & United KingdomGenWeb Project Logo

Advanced

Harrison, Renwick

Posted by Robert A. Heber 
Harrison, Renwick
January 15, 2003 02:30PM
William Harrison married Mary Renwick cir. 1840. William died cir. 1854. At that time they were living in Greenhead. Another place mentioned is Tod Hole or Toad Hole. I am seeking graves of both Mary and William. After William's death the family moved to Loadgate, County Durham. Son George married Charlotte/Charlotta Minto in Bishop Auckland 1846. In 1880 son George Harrison emigrated to the United States. Eight months later he was followed by Charlotte and 7 of eventually 11 children.
There were older siblings of George (b.1846) one older sitster and two younger brothers and two younger sisters, names unknown. Since I was a small child in late 1930's I have been told that no relatives remained in England.
Any information on this family would be appreciated.
Re: Harrison, Renwick
January 17, 2003 10:22AM
I can't help you with the graves, but there is a place called Todhills just north of Carlisle, Cumbria (Greenhead is a few miles south of Carlisle). There is also a Todhills near Spennymoor in County Durham. I don't know of anywhere called Loadgate, but there is a Leadgate, near Consett, Co. Durham.
hope this helps your search
Regards Linda
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login