Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Ireland & United KingdomGenWeb Project Logo

Advanced

Kay, Hope, Waister, Craig

Posted by Linda Nolevanko 
Kay, Hope, Waister, Craig
December 31, 2002 05:03AM
I am searching for family information on James Kay and Mary Hope. James was born in Northumberland April 18, 1827 his parents were James Kay and Margaret Craig. His father was a wholesale merchant and he died in 1857 (place unknown)Mary was born in England (place unknown) May 10, 1830 her parents were George Hope and Mary Waister both born in England. James and Mary were married at the Cathedral of St. Nicholas in Newcastle Feb 28, 1848. They had three children before they left England. They came to the US in 1855 first to Pennsylvania and by 1866 they were in Montana. I believe James was the seventh son of James and Margaret but I do not have the names of his brothers or sisters. James spent part of his childhood in Scotland but returned to England for his education. James was a cabinetmaker, carpenter and an undertaker he learned the Eckels system of undertaking but I am not sure if that was in England or not. I have not done much research in England so any help or ideas of where to search would be of great help.
Thanks,
Linda
Re: Kay, Hope, Waister, Craig
December 31, 2002 10:26AM
Hello Linda,
James was born at Horncliffe, which is in the parish of Norham in Northumberland. You will see information on Norham at this site:-
[www.swinhope.demon.co.uk]
Harry
[freespace.virgin.net]
Harry, Thank you so much for the information. I will write for a copy of the birth certificate for James.
Linda
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login