Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Ireland & United KingdomGenWeb Project Logo

Advanced

Noyes, Edward; Martha Detton

Posted by Carol Eddleman 
Noyes, Edward; Martha Detton
February 01, 2013 06:56PM
Jan. 10, 1637-38. Edward Noyes [3] [as signed] of Hatherden, Southampton, gent., aged 21, bachelor, and Martha Detton of Christ church, London, maiden, aged 21, with consent of her father, Richard Detton of Detton in Shropshire; at Christ church.

[footnote 3] K!ngs Heatherdean or Hetherden was In the parish of Andover, Southampton, and in 1613, when Robert Noyes of Erchfountc tor Drchfont), Wilts, made his will, seems to have been in the possession of his eldest son, Robert Noyes of Hatherden, whose burial, as of 13 Jan., 1636-7, I found entered in the parish register of Andover. His brother William succeeded at Urchfont and made his will 19 March, 1617,

(Source: The Salem Press Historical and Genealogical Record, Vols. 1-2, 1891, p. 90.)
Re: Noyes, Edward; Martha Detton
February 01, 2013 07:09PM
June 19, 1638. Jacque de la Vingne of St. Leonard's, Shoreditch, silk proved 3 Feb. 1618, in which he mentions kinsman Peter Noyes of Andover. Our Peter Noyes of Sudbury, Mass.. dying in the fall of 1687, left lands in Andover, England, called the breaches, the moiety whereof was settled upon his eldest son Thomas, as joint purchaser, and the remaining moiety he bequeathed to his two sons Peter and Joseph. I found on the parish register of Andover the entry of baptism of a Peter, son of Thomas Noyce, 30 August, 1590 (?). This Peter, I am inclined to think, was our Sudbury man. What relation this last bore to the families of Noyes in Wilts., Southampton (J. Hampshire) and Berks., I will not yet venture to suggest. -- H. F. W.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login