Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Ireland & United KingdomGenWeb Project Logo

Advanced

Bennison

Posted by Terry Bennison 
Bennison
June 24, 2003 10:57PM
I am trying to discover what happened to an ancestor of mine. Her name was Ellen Bennison born 1790,daughter of William Bennison, christened at St James church Brindle Lancashire. An unmarried mother of at least three sons [ all by different fathers ] Elias b1815, Joseph b1825 and Reuben b1829. Ellen took two of the fathers to Preston court. The family moved to Blackburn between 1825 and 1829, no mention of Ellen in 1741 census.the three sons were living tgether in Blackburn with Elias named head of household.
vsc
Re: Bennison
July 02, 2003 10:44AM
I was very excited to read your post on Ellen Bennison..excitement was reduced on checking the dates... however the name is close enough (so is location)to pursue a possible connection(cousins Grt Aunt etc):This is all that I have=
Ellin Benison(may be Berison)married William Spight(name became speight with their son onwards) on June 10 1754 in Heysham(their son William Speight bap 22 feb.1760 married Jane Woodhouse 6 feb 1785 in Heysham Lancs.Please let me know how your research develops.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login