Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Ireland & United KingdomGenWeb Project Logo

Advanced

Kenyon, Whitefield

Posted by Misty Hughes Post 
Kenyon, Whitefield
April 07, 2003 09:30PM
I am searching for the ancestors of Joseph Kenyon and his wife, Sarah (Whitefield) Kenyon. I am told by their grandchild that they had at least four children (Joseph, Sarah (b. abt 1865, England), Herbert, and Samuel (b. 12 Feb 1875, England) - birth order unknown). I am told that they worked in the glass factory and that the children immigrated to America for a better opportunity for wage earning.
The daughter, Sarah, married a man named Charles Leech (b. abt 1865 England) in about 1886 in England. Together they had about 7 children, two of which, Mary M. and Charles J. Leech, were born in England before coming to the United States. It is said that Sarah (Kenyon) Leech brought her brother to the US with her and her husband, Charles Leech. In the 1910 Federal Census for Butler County, Pennsylvania, Samuel Kenyon is seen living in the household with his sister, Sarah, and her husband, Charles Leech. All three of them state that they came to the US in 1891.
Interesting enough, I have found a Kenyon family in the 1891 British Census which has many correlations but a few discrepancies which cause me to have doubts! They are listed as follows:
Joseph Kenyon, Head of household, 55, born in Penketh, Lancashire, England, glassmaker
Sarah Kenyon, Wife, born in Cuerdley, Lancashire, England, glassmaker
Joseph Kenyon, son, 14, born in Sutton, Lancashire, England, glassmaker
Mary Kenyon, daughter, 11, born in Sutton, Lancashire, England, scholar
Maud Kenyon, daughter, 8, born in Sutton, Lancashire, England, scholar
Samuel Kenyon, son, 6, born in Sutton, Lancashire, England, scholar
Joseph Kenyon, grandson, 5, born in Sutton, Lancashire, England, scholar
William Kenyon, grandson, born in Sutton, Lancashire, England, scholar
Sarah Ellen Kenyon, granddaughter, 1, born in Sutton, Lancashire, England
The location for this family at the time of the Census was 8 Taylor Street, Sutton, Lancashire, England.
If you have any information about either of the two families, whether they are the same or not, please email me! I don't know where to go from here!
Thank you so much,
Misty Hughes Post
Re: Kenyon, Whitefield
June 13, 2003 09:44PM
My father's sister married a Stanley Kenyon in 1912 at St Pauls Church Warrington.
Her name was Annie Ball born 1893
I don't know if this is any use but good luck anyway
Chris
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login