Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Ireland & United KingdomGenWeb Project Logo

Advanced

Wright

Posted by Darin Grimsley 
Wright
January 13, 2003 05:20PM
I am looking for Thomas Wright born abt 1630 in Lancastershire, I assume. He married Elizabeth Unknown abt 1650. He died in the county of Isle of Wight abt 1700(?). I am also looking for his son John Wright born abt 1650 in Lancastershire and married a Martha Unknown abt 1665(?). Any information on them would be most helpful. I have my Wrights from Thomas to current times is anyone is interested.
Re: Wright
March 04, 2003 12:43AM
Darin,
Where in Lancashire are your Wright's from? Mine are from North Meols Parish.
Layne Logan
March 04, 2003 03:03AM
Hi Layne- That is the question. I don't know for sure where my Wrights are from. The information on birth dates are an educated guess. Thomas could have been born as early as the 1580's. I am pretty certain know that he and his son John both died in Isle of Wight Co., Virgina. I am also starting to think that John may have been born in the U.S. I have a birth place of Lancashire for John, but that is iffy right now as I can't verify it. There are several states on the eastern seaboard of the U.S. that have Lancaster Counties. I'm just casting my line out and trolling right now. Thanks for your reply.
Darin
March 09, 2003 03:30AM
Doing genealogy on Alice Wright b. abt 1780 Edge Green, Ashton, Lancastershire, England md to WIlliam Lee b. abt 1780 same place. Children WIlliam Lee b. 9 Jun 1808 and John Lee b. 15 Jun 1810 md Emmeline Arondale or Arrandale or Arund Nov 1829 in England. Emigrated to USA/Utah 1862? with approx 6 of their 15 children. Looking for inform on ALice Wright or WIlliam Lee. Is this your same family?
March 10, 2003 05:05PM
That's not in my line as far as I can tell. Could be a line that I haven't found yet. John and William are given names that repeat consistantly in my line from generation to generation. My Wrights migrated to the U.S. by 1675, probably a little earlier, say 1645ish. I'm not even 100% sure that my John was born in Lanc. If he was, I don't know where or what parish. If you could go back another hundred years, we might be able to establish a link with our lines of Wrights. Thanks for your query and keep on digging.
June 01, 2003 11:50PM
I am curious about your Wrights from North Meols.
Is there any connection to the name of Jackson
My great grandfather was John Jackson - he was
married to Emma Wright. She died in 1876 giving
birth to my grandfather who was Franklin Herbert
Jackson. Herbert was raised by an aunt whose
name was Emma Wright. She was the daughter of
George Wright. They lived at 62 Zetland
Street and I believe this was in North Meols.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login