Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Ireland & United KingdomGenWeb Project Logo

Advanced

HARDY;LONGBOTTOM;PEMBERTON

Posted by Pemberton 
HARDY;LONGBOTTOM;PEMBERTON
November 27, 2002 01:35AM
Relatives of William Lennox Hardy, his wife Ada Longbottom. Migrated to New Zealand with their daughter Christina Lennox Hardy around 1951-1952.
Damian Pemberton
Re: HARDY;LONGBOTTOM;PEMBERTON
January 11, 2003 08:33PM
Hi
Saw your message on the Manchester Genuki board - this may jsut be a coincidence - but I am researching the names Hardy and Pemberton from the Mossley/Ashton-U-Lyne areas of Lancashire/Yorkshire
Mary Hardy and James Pemberton (my G-Gf & G-Gm) married 30/7/1898 at the Unitarian Church Stamford Road Mossley
Purely Coincidence?
January 13, 2003 09:13AM
Hi Damien
Thanks for your reply. My Father has been attending to the family tree on his side of the family and it shows that his ancestors (Pemberton) apparently did originate from England. However I do not have the full details.
I am really at present interested in any living relatives on my Mothers side. Hardy/Longbottom. From Manchester,Yorkshire areas, my Mother was born in Cheshire.
Parents: William Lennox Hardy b.1/1/1897
Ada Longbottom b. 6/7/1910
Borthers: John Vincent Hardy b. 10/1/1895
James Allan Hardy b. 17/11/1900
William(Billy) Longbottom ?birthdate approx between 1900 and 1917.
G'GP John Thomas Hardy M. Emily Suanna Potts.
John Thomas Longbottom M. Minnie Butler.
Would you have any information by any chance. It sure is a big task getting information is'nt it. Regards Anna
Anna
The only Hardy I have is my G-Gm Mary Hardy from the Mossley area of Saddleworth, Yorkshire (on the borders of Lancashire near Manchester) who married my G-Gf James Pemberton in 1898. I think her father's name was Thomas - but i can't put my hand on their marriage cert at the moment.If i find it i will get back to you.
I am more interested in my Pemberton line and have got back to the 1700's so i have not really chased the Hardy link as i soon got beyond it
If you know/can find out where your Pembertons were from you might find where your Hardy's are from - that's how i've worked it.
If your Pembertons are from the Yorkshire/Lancashire/Cheshire/Debyshire borders i might be able to help as i have lots of info that might place your Hardy's
Presumably you have tried the IGI site of the Mormon Church - familysearch.com? that's where i do most of my research
If you do find any links you want to check out that come back to the area i am researching my Pembertons - give me a message back - i might be able to look things up at the Local Interest Centres where they keep the census/parish records etc
If your mother was born in Cheshire try cheshirebmd.org.uk - they are completing a site of all the geaneology of the cheshire area and it is largely complete now - i found a marriage there that i could not find anywhere else so it is worth a try.
Happy hunting!
Damian
Anna
Found the marriage cert - Mary's father was John William Hardy not Thomas
Damian
October 03, 2011 06:04PM
Trying to find you - My grandfather was John Vincent Hardy, brother of William Lennox. My mother is Barbara Anne Hardy and is looking for her cousin Christina who we believed emmigrated to Australia abt 1950.
Denise Gibson
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login