Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Ireland & United KingdomGenWeb Project Logo

Advanced

SAXON, WALSH, COLEMAN

Posted by DebG 
SAXON, WALSH, COLEMAN
March 26, 2006 10:59PM
Hello

I'm trying to find information about my great grandfather,Roger Saxon,born around 1882 in Heywood (lots of Saxons in this area!). Roger married my great grandmother, Alice Hannah Coleman, born around 1872. Both families were living in Heywood in 1901,1881 (Census info). Roger and Alice stayed in the area and my grandmother, Emily Saxon (1906), was brought up there. I would appreciate any information on either/both these families.

I am also looking for information about my grandfather, John Stephen Walsh, born 1884 in Cork Ireland - he came to England to join the army and later married my grandmother, the above Emily Saxon. Emily was disowned by her family - possibly due to the 22 year age difference, John's Irish origins and their different religions!

My grandparents lived in the Castleton/Rochdale area until their deaths. I believe they were married at St Gabriel's RC Church, Castleton but have not yet had the opportunity to confirm this.Their children included John (Jack), Maureen, Veronica, David, Peter, Kathleen,Denis, Barbara and Christopher. The family were very poor and I have recently discovered that John (Jack) was born in the Jericho Institution (workhouse) in Bury.

Thanks (in anticipation!)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/01/2006 03:50PM by DebG.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login