Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Ireland & United KingdomGenWeb Project Logo

Advanced

Birchall/Hunt/Hunter

Posted by bawms 
Birchall/Hunt/Hunter
March 12, 2006 11:57PM
This is ammendment to earlier post. Have found on 1881 census brother-in-law to my gggrandfather Thomas Hunter was living in his household named Thomas Birchall. However, my gggrandmother's maiden name was supposed to be Hunt. Have done some research and it seems her mother's maiden name was Ann Hunt and perhaps Elizabeth (Hunt) Hunter's true maiden name was Birchall. Cannot find much on Thomas or Elizabeth Hunter from Ince, Wigan and eventually Leigh but have found much info. on Birchall. The dates are not totally correct but the names, etc... match up. My ggrandparents John and Elizabeth (Hunter/Birchall???) Greenall both lived in Haydock same time. Her sisters were Martha, Jane and Margaret, brothers were James, Thomas and John Hunter (Birchall????). I know this sounds confusing...but I have researched for several years on Thomas and Elizabeth Hunter with not much luck....if they were really Birchall's then that is why I can't find much. But why would they change their last names??? Does anyone know ANYTHING about these people I have mentioned???? On my gggrandparents marriage cert. Thomas Hunter has signed it, but cannot find any other info. on him. If anyone knows anything please let me know. I am about to give up!

Thank you,

Billi Williams
Iowa
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login