Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Ireland & United KingdomGenWeb Project Logo

Advanced

Ayre - I'm in a pickle with mine

Posted by Dawn Mills 
Ayre - I'm in a pickle with mine
November 11, 2002 12:12AM
Are you researching the surname Ayre in Co Durham esp. the Houghton-le-Spring, Monkwearmouth, Bishopwearmouth areas???? Maybe you can help! Maybe we tie in! Hope so, 'cos despite the fact that Ayre ain't that common a name, my lot are a right pickle!
My 2 x great grand mother Louisa Ayre eventually married John Bell and the line then leads to me, but she was born 1840 in Penshaw the child of George Ayre and Charlotte Corner... Louisa was the youngest of quite a brood.
I'm trying very hard to track down the families of her brtohers George b abt 1826, James abt 1827, John abt 1829, William abt 1835 and Richard abt 1837...trouble is I think this gang were part of an extended family of Ayres who all liked to call sons born about the same time George, John, James Richard and William and they then seem to chasing eachother in circles around the Houghton-le Spring area. I have a couple of possibilites for each on the 1881 and 1901 censuses....
Do you dovetail in? Can we together sort out this mess? I'd love to hear from you if you're researching Ayres in Co Durham and trying to assail this one too!
The data I have is available via the link to my web site.
Since this posting please note the change to my e-mail address and url...for a now greatly expanded Ayre tree
www.dawnstree.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login