Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Ireland & United KingdomGenWeb Project Logo

Advanced

Routledge Meyers

Posted by Sue Harding 
Routledge Meyers
February 24, 2003 10:20PM
My G-G-Grandfather was William Routledge, b. 1828 (calculated from 1881 census) in Hayton, Carlisle. Although listed as married on the census his wife, Mary, does not appear and I can find no trace of her anywhere in the 1881 census.I believe she may be Mary Annie Bell, but have yet to confirm this although there is an entry for a William Routledge and Mary Annie Bell marrying in St. Mary's Carlisle in 1855. This could tie in with their eldest child, Mary Jane, born 1855 in Gosport. William was serving with the Royal Artillery and was based in Gosport area before the family went to his posting in Bermuda, where the second child was born (Amelia) in 1861. A subsequent child was born in Gosport on their return to England, then William retired from the RA and moved back to his roots in Carlisle where several more children were born.
I can find no entry for his birth, the only William Routledge I can find born in roughly the same timeframe and place died in infancy.
I would appreciate any information on this individual and his possible spouse and parentage!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login