Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Ireland & United KingdomGenWeb Project Logo

Advanced

Thynne

Thynne
April 12, 2002 02:58AM
Looking for a Patrick Alban Thynne (probably called alban ) left warrington Lancs to live in cumberland , was born in 1901 to Patrick thynne & mary elizabeth Thynne (fomerly May )
would love to hear from anyone connected to him . I am living in san diego california .
Hope someone can help
sincerely Mary E thynne
Re: Thynne
June 23, 2007 11:14AM
Hi Mary
Don't know if you are still looking for Patrick Alban Thynne, but I live in New Zealand and have the birth certificate of an Alban Thynne-Thomas born in 1896 in Palmerston North, son of Alban Thynne-Thomas and Florence Gertrude Thynne-Thomas formerly McGregor. They were married in 1891 in Invercargill, NZ. My great grandfather was John Thyne/Thynne, born in Ireland and arrived in New Zealand as a ship deserter in 1882 and from then on called himself Francis John Kearns. The odd thing is when he lived in the back blocks of the King Country in the middle of the North Island he had with him for a short time a boy of about 12, aged Alban Thynne. At that time no one was aware that FJKearns was John Thyne. We have no idea who this young boy was or where he got to, and if he was related. However with a surname of Thyne and to be in a remote place in the North Island of New Zealand around 1908 makes me think that there is some relationship. I am reluctant to believe that Alban Thynne-Thomas was born in New Zealand approx 1866 and that he married. I am thinking that he added the - Thomas to his surname to cover up something. My reason for writing, is that Alban is such an unusal name and I am wondering if you think there may be a link somewhere. My great grandfather had a brother named Patrick born in 1869 in Limerick Ireland, he is in the 1891 census in Totley England, boarding and his occuation is listed as a miner. After that date he has disappeared, no marriage or death record for him in England. Our Patrick didn't have a middle name of Alban, (well we don't think he did) Would love to hear from you, and hope this makes sense.
Re: Thynne
February 25, 2014 08:40PM
Hi Mary
Hope you remember me I have not done any family history for a few years and was hoping you let me have some information on the thynne family. Bernie grandson of John Thynne of Plymouth. Please get in touch my email is bernie868@hotmail.com
Many thanks
Bernie
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login