Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Ireland & United KingdomGenWeb Project Logo

Advanced

Griffiths. David 1783- Abergwilly, Carmarthenshire Wales

Posted by chiefqld 
Griffiths. David 1783- Abergwilly, Carmarthenshire Wales
June 23, 2010 01:50AM
Friends,
This is my first posting regarding my search for my Welsh family history. Any information regarding the following persons and their descendents would be greatly appreciated; the information I have to start with is as follows: -
1. David Griffiths, born abt 1783 in Abergwilly, Carmarthenshire, his son...
2. Thomas Griffiths, born 3 July 1808 in Lllansphen, Radnorshire, Wales - Emigrated to South Australia, departed Swansea 21 June 1849 with wife Catherine and six children; Thomas died 1859 at Wakefield Bridge, a farmer of South Australia. Thomas married Catherine Williams who was probably born in Wales on 8 Dec 1824; their son...
3. David Griffiths, born 13 Nov 1834 in Cornwall, England, died 16 July 1865 at Lower Wakefield Bridge, South Australia.
David Griffiths married Dulcina Cornwell, (born 1838 in England) on 18 August 1860 at the Wesleyan Mission, Gawler Place, Adelaide, South Australia. Note: Dulcina Cornwell was probably the widow of a James Dunn of Balaklava, Sth Australia.
David Griffiths and Dulcina Cornwell had a daughter; Mary Rose Linder Griffiths, born 15 September 1861 at Lower Wakefield Bridge, South Australia.
Mary Rose Linder (or Roselinder) Griffiths married Samuel James Lucas, born 23 July 1866 at Hoyles Plains, South Australia, the issue of four included my grandfather, Arnold David Lucas, 1893-1976, and then my mother, Marjorie Golda Lucas, 1921-2005. Thank you...
E. James Buttars
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login