Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Ireland & United KingdomGenWeb Project Logo

Advanced

JENNINGS ESTATE

Posted by christie 
JENNINGS ESTATE
January 05, 2002 10:34PM
"WILLIAM JENNINGS OF JENNINGS ESTATE"
Looking for a SARAH JENNINGS who was the sister of WILLIAM JENNINGS of the "JENNINGS ESTATE". But there are those who say he didn't have a sister, but family legend has it that :
WILLIAM JENNINGS had a sister named SARAH JENNINGS b; abt 1710 . While their family home (ACTON PLACE OR PALACE) was being built or redone for the family , SARAH met a man named WILLIAM BECKETT. Her father SIR ROBERT JENNINGS forbided the two of them being together. Even to the point that put SARAH in her room locked away with guards at her door, until her father offered WILLIAM BECKETT enough money to live the country. WILLIAM took the money and left the country to America where he waited for his beloved to join him. They say that WILLIAM JENNINGS then gave his sister SARAH JENNINGS enough money to make it to America and helped to get there.
They then say when WILLIAM JENNINGS died an uncle or at least the closes heir went to the family church and burned the family records of SARAH JENNINGS .
And apperently SARAH wanted no part of her familys money because as wide spread as the news of the estate was she never once that i can find tried to claim herself as soul heir.
I have alot of info the "JENNINGS ESTATE" AND WILLIAM JENNINGS but would love to prove SARAH JENNINGS of exitisting.
maybe you can help me since you have so much Jennings information.
I have a Sarah NIGHTINGALE, daughter of William NIGHTINGALE & Ann HIGGS. This
Sarah NIGHTINGALE was born in 1838, Tipton, Staffs, England. Also Wm & Ann had a daughter,Mary born 1837 Tipton,Staffs, England.
The family emigrated to the USA and settled in Western PA. Sarah was listed as being Mrs. George JENNINGS in her mother, Ann HIGGS NIGHTINGALE's WILL. Now, I believe that Sarah & George JENNINGS resided in Youngstown,Mahoning County OHIO. Have you come across anything on this family? I only have a few names of the children of George & Sarah JENNINGS presently so far(work in progress):
Ann, Annie, Rachel, William Jr.
Re: JENNINGS ESTATE
April 01, 2010 05:49PM
I am an American descendant of Sarah Jennings and William Beckett of New Jersey. I found your posting while doing a Google search for their names. What caught my attention was the similarity in the family tale about their marriage; essentially, it is the same story. I will provide details if would like.

Thanks
Re: JENNINGS ESTATE
May 06, 2015 08:44PM
I too am an American descendant of William Beckett and Sarah Jennings. It is told they were the first of my ancestors to arrive in America. They arrived in Philadelphia, Pa and settled in Gloucester County, New Jersey. From what I understand, they arrived in America in 1725. No other details about their arrival have been made including if they were separate or together on their trip. I do know of their offspring. They had four sons: Josiah, Peter, Samuel and William. I am the great, great, great, great, great grandson of William and Sarah. My name is Greggory Lawrence Beckett.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login