Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Ireland & United KingdomGenWeb Project Logo

Advanced

Help from Adelaide, South Aus.

Posted by HEATHER hOBBIS 
HEATHER hOBBIS
Help from Adelaide, South Aus.
December 01, 2001 08:10AM
I live in Adelaide, South Australia. My hobby is helping people with genealogical research who don't have access to records here. Thousands of people came here from England last century. If you would like me to look for anyone in our records I'd be happy to do so. This is a hobby - I DO NOT CHARGE!!!. However, it may be two or three weeks before I can get back to you with information. Please contact me if you think I can be of some help.
Heather
in Adelaide,
South Australia.
Re: Help from Adelaide, South Aus.
August 19, 2009 10:01PM
Hi
I am doing research and have hit a brick wall concerning my great grandmother.She was Mary Bridget McCarthy born 4/2/1863 in Dungarvan Waterford Co Ireland.She was sent out to Australia to enter All Hallows in Brisbane to join the Sisters of Mercy Congregation, accompanied by
her Aunt a Sister Julius. We think she arrived in 1886 but she married a Robert Kaye. Marriage certificate states they were both 21 years old, his parents John Kaye and Agnes Turnbull, her parents Michael McCarthy and Bridget Power. Robert was born in Dunedin Otago New Zealand. Story goes they met on the boat but I can not find any records.Mary had her first child in 1887 to my great grandfather George Fielder and then another four children but did not marry him till 1899. Cannot find any death certificate for Robert Kaye, story goes he was killed 1886 or 1887. Cannot find any records for her entry into All Hallows either. I would love to find out the ship she came on and if there was a Robert Kaye on the same ship

Thanking you
Sherrie
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login