Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Ireland & United KingdomGenWeb Project Logo

Advanced

Edge DNA Project

Posted by ME Wexler 
Edge DNA Project
November 09, 2006 09:20PM
Dear Edge family members, a few of us have gotten together and decided that there is DNA information that is critical to our research. 2 of the areas are crucial in finding the breaks in families of the entire Edge group. The third one hits closer to home for my line, but may also help some of you as well.

We need volunteers who have a fairly good paper trail for their lines. We will provide funding for a 37 marker test for those qualified. We will need a Gedcom with source materials listed or a written rundown of your family as far back as you can go. The committee will determine who is eligible for the funding.

Results will be returned directly to the committee and each participant will receive the original result documents after we have made copies. All written correspondence will go thru us, but the donor may elect to have their e-mail address on file that CC's may go to them. In either case all correspondence will be copied to them. Help in understanding the results will be available, too.

If you are from:
1- the British Isles;
2- the Quaker Edge line;
3- the William Edge line based in Wilcox/Clarke Counties, AL;
AND are a male with the Edge name and no direct ancestors who were adopted, please send us your information. We will also need your mailing address and telephone number.

If you are not in the 3 groups described, but wish to be part of the DNA project, write me anyway as there may be some other funds available now or in the future.

Ladies, you may help by contributing funds or by finding a male sibling or relative to take the test. If you have the information and they the DNA, we can make this a 3-way arrangement. You may be included in the information process provided the donor gives us permission.

If any of the members would like to contribute monies to this effort, please contact me directly. Remember, if you write me and don't hear back immediately, please try my alternate address.

The process is painless, private, protected and, in this case, free. Your DNA and results cannot be used for other purposes and would in fact be of little use for other purposes. You will be asked to do two swabs of your cheeks and to mail the kit back to the committee. We will make a copy of the forms you fill out and send the kit to the testing company - Family Tree DNA.

Please go to either of the links below for more info:
[www.familytreedna.com]
[blairgenealogy.com]
[www.kerchner.com]

We are anxious to hear from you. Thanks and kindest regards!

The DNA Project Committee

--
Primary e-mail:Me@WexOnline.net
Alternate e-mail: MewexlerA@netscape.net
Sponsor: Okaloosa County FLGenWeb page: [www.rootsweb.com]
EDGE/HARVEY family page: [www.WexOnline.net]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login