Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Ireland & United KingdomGenWeb Project Logo

Advanced

Pigott ancestors

Posted by hdpigott 
Pigott ancestors
January 31, 2006 01:46AM
I am seeking information about possible ancestry for a John Pigott (or Pygott) who I believe emigrated from England to the American colonies in the mid-18th century. I know that he died in December, 1792 in South Carolina. He was born in the first half of the 18th century, place and ancestry unknown.
Re: Pigott ancestors
July 09, 2009 04:45AM
Yes, well, we've heard of John Pigott, myself being one John Pigott, directly descended from at least 5 others in the Americas.
We have a family book on "The Descendants of John Pigott the Elder", by Frank Lewis Brown.
Please let me know if there is any specific information I can provide.
John William Pigott
October 03, 2010 12:31AM
Hi! I, too, am a descendant of John Pigott, the Elder. I am the daughter of John Huey Pigott, grand-daughter of John Seborn Pigott born December 18, 1890, and great grand-daughter of another John Seborn Pigott born 1861. I am trying to join DAR and have always heard of the book by Frank Lewis Brown. I've never seen a copy. I wish it could be reprinted.

I have the lineage confirmed for DAR for John Pigott, the Elder and his son, John Pigott, Jr, born in 1758. I know I am a direct descendant of John Jr's son, Nathaniel Pigott born October 21, 1796. Then I am the descendant of Nathaniel's son, Rev. Thomas Eugene Pigott, born May 28, 1831. Does the book contain information that could help me authenticate my ancestry for DAR?

I've found some Pigott cousins on Facebook, but we are all in awe of anyone who has a copy of the Brown book! One cousin has never seen the book, but he knows he is on page 66. Thank you so very much!!

Shawn Ann Pigott
July 03, 2011 12:23AM
Apologies for my belated reply to your post, but I happened back across this site.
Yes, I have a copy of the Frank L. Brown book, and would gladly post/confirm any info therefrom.
We're investigating getting copies made, if you're interested. I'm currently working on completing the line back to Hugh Bygott.
FYI, I can be reached directly at pigott@gmail.com
John William Pigott
June 11, 2015 02:20AM
I would love to have a copy too! I have been told lots of photos of my uncles and grandfather and great grandfather are in the book! Along with my grandfather's business! I'd love to see them and get the information contained in that book! ! My mother was Eudora Albertie (Pigott) Trosclair, My grandfather was Arthur Eli Pigott, and my Great Grandfather was Elias Murphy "Ellie" Pigott.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login