Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Ireland & United KingdomGenWeb Project Logo

Advanced

Former Govenors-any relatives -Humble Family?

Posted by Susan Elizabeth 
Former Govenors-any relatives -Humble Family?
September 27, 2006 07:23PM
My maternal grandfathers grandparents: James T & Betsey (Taylor) Humble travelled from Sunderland England to the Falkland Islands with their 9 children to visit my grandfathers paternal great uncle who was then govenor of the Islands in the 1800's my grandfather had an uncle named Norman Falkland Humble due to this great uncles post. Can any one help me with lineage or lasting relatives on the Island.
Sincerley
Susan Elizabeth
Brantford, Ontario Canada
segs@rogers.com

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/29/2006 12:27PM by Susan Elizabeth.
Re: Former Govenors-any relatives -Humble Family?
June 23, 2011 12:03PM
Hello all

I have read your posts with grear interest, i live in the uk and my dad and grandmother were born in the Falklands, my gt grandfather was Frederick Newman he arrived on the island about 1879/1880 and married and had 24 children. I have a very extensive family tree, i am also doing a one name study of the falkland islands and all the people who lived there, if any of you can help i would love to hear from you. My email address is evegene1956@yahoo.com

Thank you

Yvonne
Re: Former Govenors-any relatives -Humble Family?
May 10, 2012 04:33PM
James and Betsy HUMBLE had six children born to them while in the Falkland Islands. James' occupation was recorded as carpenter and joiner on their birth certificates.
Mr & Mrs HUMBLE and nine children left for Liverpool on board the "Oravia" 1 April 1903.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login