Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Ireland & United KingdomGenWeb Project Logo

Advanced

Hunziker

Posted by Mary Campbell 
Hunziker
October 24, 2000 02:49AM
I am interested in obtaining a birth record of my grandmother, Eleanor Maude Hunziker. She was born in about 1879 in Port Stephens, Falkland Islands. Her father was Johan Frederick Hunziker. and her mother was Martha Ellen Felton. Thank you for any information you may have to help in my search.
Re: Hunziker
October 27, 2006 09:56PM
Hi Mary,

Read your post from 2000. Hope you got your birth record of your grandmother. However, if not, I just read on the Falkland Island Government website that the Attorney General's office there handles births, marriages & deaths records through their Registrar General at: Town Hall, Stanley, Falkland Islands, tel:500-27272/fax:500-27270. Doesn't give their postal code but you can try to get it by emailing the govenment website: [www.falklands.gov.fk]
to ask what the cost is to obtain a copy of the birth record or use a local legal assistant as listed in their website (probably pricey?). Hope this helps.

I'm researching the Campbells & Dawsons in Port Stanley which is how I came across your post. Would your Campbells be connected to Capt. John Sinclair Campbell (born in Scotland) who went to the Falklands?

Best Regards,
Muryl in Vancouver, BC Canada.
December 29, 2006 08:20AM
Hi Mary,

For your information,in my CAMPBELL search I learned that Captain John Sinclair Campbell on Sept. 4, 1880 was Captain of the ship "Orissa" 124 ton from Stanley to Port Stephens, West Falkland, carrying Mr. G Dean, Captain Cantley & "Mr. Hunziker".

Best Regards,
Muryl in Vancouver, BC Canada
June 23, 2011 12:02PM
Hello all

I have read your posts with grear interest, i live in the uk and my dad and grandmother were born in the Falklands, my gt grandfather was Frederick Newman he arrived on the island about 1879/1880 and married and had 24 children. I have a very extensive family tree, i am also doing a one name study of the falkland islands and all the people who lived there, if any of you can help i would love to hear from you. My email address is evegene1956@yahoo.com

Thank you

Yvonne
May 10, 2012 04:36PM
Eleanor Maude HUNZIKER was born 29 July 1879 at Port Stephens. Her father's occupation was recorded as sheep farmer.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login