Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Ireland & United KingdomGenWeb Project Logo

Advanced

Murray family in Newcastleton, Roxburghshire

Posted by wright 
Murray family in Newcastleton, Roxburghshire
July 15, 2007 09:31PM
I just discovered that a number of my ancestors were born, married, and died in and around Newcastleton, Roxburghshire, not to mention some that emigrated from Scotland to Ontario, Canada in the mid 1850s. From the information I have, the Murray's were in and around Newcastleton from the mid 1800s back into the 1700s, if not earlier. Since I live in North Dakota in the States, I have no experience with research in Scotland. I am looking for help in what records are available and how I might access them -- either on the web or through other means. Anyone who can lend me a hand in how to get started?? I am willing to do the work, just don't know where to start. Thanks, Boyd Wright
Re: Murray family in Newcastleton, Roxburghshire
July 25, 2007 02:54AM
I too have murrays in the kerr line from Castleton,Roxburgh. If you check out Scotlands People, you can find births marriages and deaths, etc.This will cost to check for records. But a great way to do it.
July 29, 2008 03:17PM
I have murray's from Castleton to Ontario in my tree.
John

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/31/2008 08:36PM by john lowther.
February 23, 2009 05:58PM
I am also descended from Murrays in Newcastleton and then Ontario. Please contact me. Maybe we're connected. I have information on my family of course, but also quite a bit on Newcastleton and the area. Old maps, etc. Would be happy to share.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login