Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Ireland & United KingdomGenWeb Project Logo

Advanced

Looking for Kerr Family

Posted by marliene 
Looking for Kerr Family
May 22, 2006 03:27AM
I am looking for children of walter kerr born 1744 in Denholm Scotland,(where is it). They are Betty(Elizabeth)Kerr b abt.1779 d,m ??????,James Kerr b abt.1780 m Margaret Scott d ?????(trying to follow their children).Andrew b abt 1791 m spouse ????.d ??????(trying to find children). Mary Kerr b abt 1791 ???????????,,,,,, (no information on her) Mary kerr b abt 1782 married Francis Miller immigrated to the U.S A.(found her.)Robert Kerr b abt 1789 gg grandfather to husband Lookong for siblings of G grandfather Robert Kerr and trying to follow their lines.
Re: Looking for Kerr Family
January 08, 2007 04:40PM
Marliene,
I have some information for this family including a gravestone.
Are you still interested in the Kerr family.
June 05, 2007 05:37PM
Yes I am interested! Please contact me at marlienekerr@hotmail.com I have found a lot of information on the Kerrs and would love to have a photo of the headstone. Thank you so much. Marliene Kerr
March 27, 2008 11:02PM
I have recently received information from distant cousins working on our Ker family lines. Our family settled in Ontario, Canada about 1800. We have quite a lot of information on those lines but nothing beyond James.

This is what we know. James Ker was born in 1742 in Sprouston, Roxburghshire and died Feb 22, 1825 in Sprouston. He married Margaret Johnston on Jan 24, 1767 in Longormacus, Berwickshire, Scotland. She was the daughter of John Johnston and Agnes ?. Margaret was born Jan 11, 1743 in Cranshaws, Berwickshire, and died May 30, 1828 in Sprouston.

James and Margaret had 9 children: James, John, Thomas, Agnes, Isobele (died under 1 year), Isobele, William, Peter, and Adam. Our line follows Thomas.

We would love to hear from anyone working on these Ker lines especially if you know the parents of James or more information on those ancestors.

I live in Michigan, USA, I am looking forward to hearing from others with like interest.

Sincerely,

Carol McWain Goodenough
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login