Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Ireland & United KingdomGenWeb Project Logo

Advanced

Knox

Posted by Suzanne Bryant 
Suzanne Bryant
Knox
March 02, 2002 05:08PM
I am looking for Knox (first name unknown) born 1682 in Renfrewshire, Scotland. He married Jean Sinclair born 1686 in Renfrewshire, Scotland. I believe that had at least 2 sons John Knox born 1708 and James Knox born 6 Jul 1713. John marrien Jeane Gracy of Coleraine, North Ireland and James married Lady Elizabeth Craig born 1719 in Scotland. Any information on this family would be greatly appreciated.
DGF
Re: Knox
July 10, 2005 06:33AM
We may have quite massive information on the descendants of Jeane Gracy and John Knox...of whom I am one. Who is requesting this information...and why? Request further information....as soon as you wish to contact us.
Kindest Regards...
DGF
October 24, 2005 05:52PM
I am a descendent of John Knox born 1708 in Renfewshire Scotland. I remember seeing something of a Jane Sinclair. I'll look and e-mail you back. I could be wrong, but I believe his name was also John Knox. Our names keep being handed down generation after genration. I to am looking for links of my family in Scotland.
i know we are septs of Clan MacFarlane. ANy info would be greatly appreciated.
I have a little info maybe it would help:
John Knox
Joseph Knox born 1747 Coleraine, Ire, died Aug 31, 1835 Ruterford, Tenn
Thomas Knox born 1787, tenn
Wm Armstrong Knox born cc 1816 Cannon Co., Tenn
died 1874 Cannon Co., tenn
Joseph Knox born cc 1844, tenn, died 1892 Handley, Texas
Newton Monroe knox born Oct 12, 1876 or 1877 Bradyville, Tenn, died Feb 2, 1967 Keller, Texas
Robert Herman Knox born Sept 4, 1916 died Feb 2, 1997 Oatmeal, texas
Mary elisabeth Knox Hopkins born Oct 19, 1951 Austin, texas
Children Daemon Daniel Daugherty born June 8,Denton, texas 1976, Megan Daugherty born March 4,1982 Houston, texas
Grandson Knox Keith Long born April 10, 2005
Llano, Texas
My dad had 5 brothers and 2 sisters, the youngest died at age 2 from accident
November 04, 2005 05:20PM
I'm an 8th-generation descendant of John Knox, Immigrant. I grew up just a few miles from the Knox family property--the original 600-acre land grant property that remains in family hands. It's been designated as the Knox Historic District.
I do have the Knox Family History that was published in 1905 and written by Hattie Goodman (my grandmother's cousin).
I'm interested in putting together more of the history of the family in Scotland. Apparently Hattie wasn't able to pull together very much on that. All I know is that JK's parents were Adam and Margaret and that he was born in County Renfrewshire.
Everything else about JK's progenitors seems speculative. This includes the idea that his branch of the Knoxes was descended from Michael Knox, the brother of John Knox the Reformer.
Does anyone know more about this topic?
Thanks,
Kathy Underwood
November 18, 2005 02:32AM
Hello,
I'm looking for Knox lines that came to Canada.
Thanks
Alleigh
December 05, 2005 09:48PM
Alleigh,
Soryy its taken so long to get back with you. My ancestor was born in Renfewshire, John Knox 1708, immigrated to Coleraine, Ire, there left with family in tow to Rowan Co. South Carolina. My Greatgrandfather Joseph was born 1747 in Coleraine, Ire. I do not know of any Knoxs other than those who immigrated to the states.
Wish I could be of more help.
Sincerely
Mary Elisabeth Knox Hopkins
February 02, 2006 02:21AM
I am looking for information concerning 2 William Knox as listed below. We have only tracked down the 1794 marriage of William and Margaret recently and we are only assuming the preceeding entries are correct. If anybody can help us by verifying this it would be of great assistance. I would also like to know what the occupations were of all the men, if possible.

Thank you in advance
Best wishes

Christopher Knox
Sydney

Parents: Father: Alexander Knox Mother: Mary Allason (TBC)
1767 23 May William Knox Born:
1767 25 May Christening West Greenock, Renfrew, Scotland

1794 William Knox and Margaret Stewart were married on September 2
They had nine children ………..
1795 John - Sept 7
1797 James - Sept 3 (m Janet Hart)
1799 Archibald - August 21
1802 Alexander - March 8 (m Jane Clegg 1829)
1806 Jane - July 26
1809 William - Feb 21
1811 Thomas - July 1
1814 Margaraet - April 8
1817 Mary - January 30
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login