Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Ireland & United KingdomGenWeb Project Logo

Advanced

Fletcher/Turner

Posted by Rhonda Robertson 
Fletcher/Turner
October 12, 2008 02:57AM
I am searching for the details of the wife of Peter Fletcher ,Tinsmith of High St, Johnstone. Her name was Mary Turner c about 1790, as they married in 1810. Peter remarried in 1845, possibly 1850 and 1855. In all he fathered 11 children, Jean Turner Fletcher, Peter, Mary, Janet, Archibald, John Braid Fletcher, Marion Black Fletcher and Alexander are the only ones I have found names for. Other family names are Robertson, Caldwell, Rae, McKellar, Mclean, Montgomery.Peter snr owned a few properties in the High St during the 1800's also in Houston Sq. I have alot of information, but nothing on Mary Turner,2nd wife Mary Black, possible 3rd wife Mary Braid and 4th and last Margaret Miller (she had no children).
Do any of these names ring a bell? I have a photo of Peter snrs grave and it does have Mary Turner on it , but no dates. Renfrewshire Council told me on Friday Johnstone doesn't have a cemetery. Thats was news to a friend of mine who was born there. Think I have it sorted now. Son Archibald came to Australia in 1853, Janet's son Peter Fletcher Caldwell came here also at a later date, as did Mary's son Andrew.
Robertson.
Any assistance greatly appreciated
Thanks in advance
Rhonda
Re: Fletcher/Turner
November 01, 2009 02:33PM
My Father was Jonh Braid Fletcher born in Elldersy
July 25, 2012 11:40PM
i am also related to peter fletcher. i ddnt know he was married 4 times, i just have mary braid, son john braid. do you have anymore info posted or can u plz reply?i also have other family names as miller, braid, rae(on 2 sides) and ralph.
March 29, 2013 10:39PM
My apologies Slim and Kappy, I have only just found your replies (no-one said I am quick). I do have quite a lot more since posting. Also visited Johnstone in 2010. Fell in love with Scotland. Couldn't get over how green it is.
I have ticked the correct boxes to receive automatic replies to this post, which I negelcted to do last time.

Cheers
Rhonda
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login