Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Ireland & United KingdomGenWeb Project Logo

Advanced

Hall

Posted by Alex Long 
Hall
January 06, 2002 01:51PM
My oral family tradition states that Sir John Hall, Baronet, Haddingtonshire, had a son, John, and a grandson William, who were travelling teachers. They travelled from Haddingtonshire to Edinburgh and on to Dublin, Ireland where William's son John Hall, my 5th-great-grandfather, was born. I have verified John Hall's Dublin origins through legitimate records, but the three generations back to Haddingtonshire are still just speculation. Can anyone help me with Hall information pre-18th century? Was there a Sir John Hall, Baronet in Haddingtonshire? Is there information on his progeny? I am Membership Secretary of Clan HALL Society and a descendant of the Hall family of Little River Township, Orange County, North Carolina, Scotch-Irish Presbyterians who settled there in 1750.
Re: Hall
January 16, 2002 05:52AM
ADMIN>AdminPost
I will get out my Haddingtonshire books and see what I can dig up for you. Give me a few days and if you don't hear from me, send me a reminder. Hopefully we can find something that will assist you in your search.
November 20, 2005 09:16PM
Hi
My grandfather was John Hall of Dublin who died and was independent but married my grandmother Maggie May Puttick and was disowned by his family at that time... well ( I think)
He died and my grandmother, mother died and I am hoping to trace her side of the family as I know no-one from this side of the family.
My mother was Patricia Joan Hall ... she died when I was 12 about 1973 at 48 yrs old and her mother before when I was very young and have no memory. John Hall died well before that and I don't know why the war I guess ... so I have no idea where to start but for some reason tonight was wondering about him just hearing the last moments of a programme called "Lost generations" a CH4 programme just broadcast 8pm tonight Sunday Nov 20th so there ya go!
I feel like I dont belong anywhere as my dad remarried and there is no one left as far as I know on my mums side which would make me happy.... her sister also died young.. anyways as far as I know something happened and we lost touch for some reason no idea why.
Well who knows just a moment of wondering... forgive me if this is way off but at this point in my life it is something I am wondering about! lol
Jocko Hazeldean
November 20, 2005 09:22PM
I am a direc†ascendent of Jocko Hazeldean who Sir Walter Scott wrote about.. the scottish rebel caught and hung.......
I would like to know more about him his life as my dad who is 81 yrs old is interested ... where did he live and who was he really?
Ayone have family with more stories of where he lived and details ? I would love to know more! There are few of us here .....
thanks !
Lynne Hazelden
x
November 20, 2005 09:24PM
Hi
My grandfather was John Hall of Dublin who died and was independent but married my grandmother Maggie May Puttick and was disowned by his family at that time... well ( I think)
He died and my grandmother, mother died and I am hoping to trace her side of the family as I know no-one from this side of the family.
My mother was Patricia Joan Hall ... she died when I was 12 about 1973 at 48 yrs old and her mother before when I was very young and have no memory. John Hall died well before that and I don't know why the war I guess ... so I have no idea where to start but for some reason tonight was wondering about him just hearing the last moments of a programme called "Lost generations" a CH4 programme just broadcast 8pm tonight Sunday Nov 20th so there ya go!
I feel like I dont belong anywhere as my dad remarried and there is no one left as far as I know on my mums side which would make me happy.... her sister also died young.. anyways as far as I know something happened and we lost touch for some reason no idea why.
Well who knows just a moment of wondering... forgive me if this is way off but at this point in my life it is something I am wondering about! lol
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login