Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Ireland & United KingdomGenWeb Project Logo

Advanced

Davanna

Posted by William Davanna 
Davanna
August 31, 2001 05:42AM
I would like any information on my family background. My father was Peter Davanna who died out here in Aaustralia in 1974. What I want to know is anything about his parents and grandparents as I have no knowledge of any of my great-grandparents. The family used to live in Tranent, any results to this query would be appreciated.
Thank You,
Bill Davanna.
Re: Davanna
February 05, 2009 11:09PM
hi there i am new to this and have been researching my husbands family hisgreat grand father was peter davanna born at cockpen midlothian in 1856 married elizabeth francis elder wallace on 12/2/1874 asfar as i have found out up to now he had daughter mary born in tranent 1875,christina (my husbands grandmother) born1877 a son peter born atleith edinburgh 1879 i am in the early stages yet but there could have been more children perhaps until i find out more ---there could have been jane born1882-----jemima born-1884--john born 1887 and agnes born1889 the elder peter his father was michael born in ireland------still researching hope this helps asim sure we are all one and the same please dont hesitate to get in touch i do hope this helps'

jenny forsyth tranent
February 05, 2009 11:38PM
hi its me again i should have asked how old your father was andwhen he came to australia or was he born there

jenny f
June 17, 2009 06:12PM
Hi, Peter Davanna was my grandfather, not sure how old he was (think he was in his 70's) but he died on 4th July 1973 one month after arriving.

Glenn
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login