Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Ireland & United KingdomGenWeb Project Logo

Advanced

Margaret Henderson born c1853 - Latheron m James McDonald

Posted by emmamc 
Margaret Henderson born c1853 - Latheron m James McDonald
July 09, 2006 07:06PM
Hi there,

I'm looking to trace back my great great grandmother Margaret Henderson. She was quite a character within Latheron - lived into her 90s and had around 11 children! When I came up to visit the area about 5 years ago there was a wonderful lady in the post office who remembered her children.

She married James McDonald of Bardinatuah in Latheron on 9 July 1880. The cert states she was 26 on that day [he was 36] and her parents are shown as James Henderson and Elizabeth [maiden names looks like Gunn but unconfirmed]. I'm trying to locate her date of birth to confirm the family line before proceeding with confirming her parents.

However, am very keen to know more about this woman. She had an article written about her in the local paper when she died and was apparently sharp as a pin to her dying day. Great to know if anyone can help me with further information on her. Her children were John, Mary, James, Williamina, Alexander, Margaret, Janet, David and Catherine - although there may have been more. James McDonald died some time before she did from what I know.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login