Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Ireland & United KingdomGenWeb Project Logo

Advanced

William Fraser

Posted by fraser10 
William Fraser
November 14, 2010 02:11AM
I have been working on tracing my ancestry and I find myself at a standstill with the Fraser side of my family. I have traced my family to John Forbes Fraser Sr. who was born in 1889 in either Cothal or Pitsligo Aberdeenshire. I also found that John's father was William Fraser born about 1861 and married Jane Reith. My grandfather, John Forbes Fraser, Jr., also told me that William's father's name was William as was my grandfather's great-great grandfather. Besides their names, I do not have much information on these men except estimated date of births. I was wondering if there is any information on William Fraser in Aberdeenshire and possibly their wives. I look forward to any information that someone may have.

Elizabeth Fraser
Re: William Fraser
April 12, 2011 04:22AM
I noticed the Forbes and Fraser which are names that appear in my husbands family. However I don't see a connection yet. I did find on Family Search however that Jane Reith was born May 30, 1860 to John Forbes Reith and Anne Watt in Kintore. Also that William Fraser and Jane had a child Maggie born June 5, 1891 in Fintray. Kintore and Fintray are close to Cothal, possibly along the same road. Just FYI.
Re: William Fraser
December 09, 2011 02:08PM
Hi, was your John Forbes Fraser ever in Sri Lanka (Ceylon) ? I have a G.Grand Uncle who was in Ceylon/Sri Lanka where his father had several estates. Below is some information on him. if it is the same person, I have a complete family tree already done...

J. F. Fraser. The superintendent of the Tientsin estate, Mr. J. F. Fraser is a son of the late Mr. John Fraser, proprietary planter, who owned at one time the Aberdeen estate. He was born at Matale, on Feb.15, 1866, and was educated at Aberdeen Schools and Kings'College, Aberdeen. Proceeding to Ceylon in 1887 he served for a short time under his father on the Aberdeen estate and then accepted an engagement on the Kollyagalla estate. Bogawantalawa. Afterwards he had charge of the Aldie estate for seven years and of the Nicholloya Group estates, Matale district, for eight and a half years. Finally, in March, 1905 he accepted his present charge. The acreage of the Tientsin estate is 385, of which 325 acres are under tea. The annual crop is estimated at 200,000 lbs. A labour force of 280 coolies is employed upon the estate which is situated at an elevation of from 4,356 ft to 4,620 ft. Attached to the estate is an up to date factory which has quite recently been built. Mr. Fraser is married to Elsa, daughter of Mr. Adoph Meyer and has two daughters. His recreations are tennis, billiards and athletic games
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login