Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Ireland & United KingdomGenWeb Project Logo

Advanced

George Douglas McAndrew and Ann Thomson

Posted by McAndrew 
George Douglas McAndrew and Ann Thomson
November 04, 2009 01:28AM
My great-grandparents were from Aberdeen. No birth, marriage or death dates. George and Ann had several children: May or Mae - married Hugh Mc/MacDonald; Isa, Robert Smith McAndrew - my grandfather and an older brother whose name was, I believe, George (or perhaps, James). Robert was born 6 Nov 1893 and trained as a marine engineer. He and his father worked for the Oldmeldrum branch line. Robert married Mary Brechin in 1920 and left for Canada in 1921. The only further info I have is that May and Hugh's son was in 1981 a road manager for the Swingle Singers. George and Ann may have lived in the Old Machar parish, as this is where my grandparents were married. Are there any family members still in the Aberdeen area? If so, I'd like to hear from them.

Bob ka3zci@yahoo.com
Re: George Douglas McAndrew and Ann Thomson
June 08, 2011 11:40PM
I have a Great Great Aunt named Ann Thomson, born 1856 at Old Deer, according to the census for Aberdeenshire of 1861. She was the daughter of James Thomson, born 1821 at Old Deer and Jane Greig Thomson, born 1821 in Alvah, Banffshire. I have no more info on Ann or even if she is the right one. It's worth a try though.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login