Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Ireland & United KingdomGenWeb Project Logo

Advanced

Caldwell family

Posted by rpkelderman 
Caldwell family
January 19, 2010 12:56AM
I am helping an 84 year old friend find her gr,gr grandparents Charles Caldwell and Jane Hodge married 02 June 1853 in Dundonald, Ayr, Scotland. She has a newpaper clipping of this couple on their 50th wedding anniversary. The photograph of the couple was taken by Mr Sharp of Blair Street. Their street address says 18 Fullerton Street. The oldest son was Charles(who later moved to Sudbury, Ontario),they had 10 children 7 boys and 3 girls. The youngest son was George(who later immigrated to Medicie Hat, Alberta). Do anyone know of this family ? Looking for the generation before and the generation after. What are the names of the children?
My friends maiden name was Caldwell, her father was Wellwood Caldwell born in Oyen, Alberta married to Margaret Smart. They homesteaded in Oyen, Alberta.
The family are planning a Caldwell family reunion in June 2010 and looking for more information on the family. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. Pat
Re: Caldwell family
December 05, 2014 04:16PM
Pat, I am sure I can help you with your enquiry. I have been researching my connection with the Caldwells and recognise the people in your post. The last Caldwell I was researching was Wellwood and I was very fortunate to find your post as I could not find his children's name or when and where he was married. One correction I can make is that Caldwell was born in Scotland not Canada. Hope to hear from you soon.
Regards
Bill
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login