Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Ireland & United KingdomGenWeb Project Logo

Advanced

Alston.Vickers, Gowling

Posted by John McCarthy 
Alston.Vickers, Gowling
January 12, 2003 04:24AM
I am interested in the above three names and would welcome any reference at all that touches them, so far I have found some Alstons in Culgaith Cumbs,Vickers in Longtown, Arthuret, Penrith in Cumbs, and Gowlings in Newbiggin, Kirkland Ousby etc. If anyone can help I would be very pleased to hear from you,
John McCarthy
Re: Alston.Vickers, Gowling
March 09, 2003 06:55PM
Hello John. I may be able to shed some light on a Gowling family. My grandfather's cousin's (Elizabeth (Bessie) Ann Slinger) father was Richard Slinger and her mother was Elizabeth Gowling b. 1858 in Liverpool. Her parents were William Gowling b. 1829 in Long Marton, and Euphemia Hughan (? sp). William had a number of siblings, all born in the Long Marten area. William's parents are Robert Gowling b. 1782 in Newbiggin and Elizabeth Harrison. It looks like that family had a number of members who were born in the Newbiggin area in the 1770's. I'd be happy to provide more info if you're interested. I've been interested in my family's geneology for quite some time. When I was in England visiting Bessie in the early 1990's she gave me a copy of a family tree that had been prepared which included a number of her Gowling family members.
July 27, 2011 04:41AM
John & Susan, My great great grandfather was Richard Slinger, don't know if this will find you both . I can be reached at scott@iceoplex.com. Thanks, Scott Slinger
July 27, 2011 04:44AM
please contact me at scott@iceoplex.com. Richard Slinger eas my gg grandfater. Scott Slinger
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login