Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Ireland & United KingdomGenWeb Project Logo

Advanced

Ormson,Thornburghe/Thornsborough,Bellingham

I'd very much appreciate any information on the earliest Barons of Kendal and earliest Earls of Lancaster, or any of the following individuals in my pedigree. Also William Thornsborough and his wife Thomasine Bellingham who built the church still in use at Kirkby Stephen. According to various pedigrees I've found in various old English records, my ancestors are as follows:
1. Ivo de Tailleboise of Normandy who fought in the battle of Hastings and was subsequently given the lands of Earl Morcar and made Lord of Spaulding. He also married Lucia who had his daughter by that name.
2. Ivo's son Eldred by Gendreda, the daughter or granddaughter of Lady Godiva.
3. Eldred's son Ketel, the first Baron of Kendal, and Eldred's son Gilbert whose son Gilbert FitzGilbert was made first earl of Lancaster. William FitzGilbert's son William de Lancaster was also the 6th Baron of Kendal.
4. Ketel's son Orme.
5. Orme's sons Robert Ormson and Gospatrick Ormson
Gospatrick Ormson had son Thomas whose son Patrick was Patrick de Culwen and it is from his ancient pedigree that the above information was obtained.
6. Robert Ormson's son Walter de Thornburghe
7. Walter's son Nicholas de Thornburghe
8. From the above line #7 comes William de Thornsborough who died in the Crusades, leaving his wife Thomasine Bellingham with nine children to raise.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login