Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Ireland & United KingdomGenWeb Project Logo

Advanced

WILCOX, LYDALL

Posted by Karen Sexton 
WILCOX, LYDALL
December 09, 2001 02:54AM
I am researching FREDERICK WILCOX b. Lichfield c1844 (as per 1881 census)parents possibly?? THOMAS WILCOX b. Harleston and CATHERINE ???
b. Stafford.
I know:-
1. FREDERICK married MARY ANN LYDALL b. Brownhills c1848 (I have found her parents on 1851 census)
2. Their children were - CATHERINE ANN, FREDERICK, ELLEN, ROSETTA (b. c1880, d. 19th April 1889), HANNAH, LOU?? and EMMA (my grandmother) b. 20th April. 1889.
3. FREDERICK & MARY ANN settled in Leamore after living in Chasetown where the 3 eldest children were born.
4. MARY ANN died May/June 1889.
5. MARY ANN's parents were JOSEPH b. c1800 Hamstall Ridware - Coalminer and ANN ??? b. c1801 Alrewas(I have their info on both the 1851 & 1881 census)
6. THOMAS & his sons were coalminers at Ogley Hay
7. Apparently the WILCOX and/or LYDALL families were very religious and I believe a crystal salt cellar was donated to a museum in Lichfield.
a) How can I confirm THOMAS & CATHERINE are *my* FREDERICKS parents?
b) How can I find out more about the story behind the salt cellar?
c) How can I find out *stories* about both families (mum is the only person I know and has VERY limited stories) - Nan didn't seem to know much about her mother's family.
d) Where are Harlaston & Stafford in relation to Lichfield.
I know there are a lot of questions here and I also know how busy you are but ANY info would be greatly accepted.
Thanking you in advance,
Regards,
Karen Sexton - NSW, Australia
Re: WILCOX, LYDALL
January 01, 2013 03:38PM
Hi
I have info on Catherine if you want it email me and i will send it to you.
Regards Alan
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login