Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Ireland & United KingdomGenWeb Project Logo

Advanced

BURNISH, BURNIDGE, MOTTRAM, HILL, ROBINSON

Posted by Angie Burnish 
Has anyone got any connection with the BURNISH/BURNIDGE families who lived in the Bilston area in the 1800s?
I did a lot of research on this line over 12 years ago in the belief that they were connected with my gt gt grandfather Thomas BURNISH (born July 1814 somewhere).
I couldn't find any link, but still have all the information (including birth, marriage and death certificates and PR entries).
By the later part of the century one branch of the family had moved to the Dudley/Stourbridge area, but they only had daughters and the surname died out in the area.
Another branch moved to the Salford area (in Salford by the 1851 census). I am in contact with a BURNISH descendant from this branch
Some of the families that they married into were MOTTRAM, HILL & ROBINSON.
I have all the BURNISH information from the IGI and 1881 census. Would appreciate any further info that anyone might come across. Some parts of this family seemed to move around a lot and it is proving very difficult to trace them.
Would also love to hear from anyone who has any connection (no matter how slight) with BURNISH or BURNIDGE *anywhere*.
Thanks
Angie
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login