Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Ireland & United KingdomGenWeb Project Logo

Advanced

Coombes- Moorlynch- POLDEN HILLS

Posted by Mary E. Harrington 
Readers-
I am a novice to the Polden Hills area set up...from the states...so you know I don't understand what it is like over there concerning the following--
1- If Polden Hills is a group of Hills that farms are on...how many farms are on Polden Hills? What are their names?
2- My gr grandfather was born in Moorlynch on Polden Hills farm...that is what the death records say...but which farm? How do I find that out?
3-I have seen maps and been guided to some really neat ones--maps that is- about the area--
4- I have little access to records of Moorlynch..how do I get more data on Moorlynch--church records--local records?
5- Would some soul at the pubs be able to help me?
Is there some families with the name Coombes in Moorlynch that I could correspond with that could help me learn about the life there in 1850?
6- I am working on a book for my 4 children and 7 grandchildren about who and what it was like in England...concerning these gr grandparents that eloped to Canada.
7- I have pictures of them before they left England--and at their 50th wedding anniversary party in Ontario...My grandmother was their youngest.
8- Is there a historical society in Moorlynch or a journal keeper for the "FARMS" of Polden Hills?
Hoping some soul with a sense of humor responds.........smile.!!
Mary
I cook like the gr grandmother who left England--and have her receipes from the 1860's...
Re: Moorlynch- POLDEN HILLS
March 27, 2003 09:06PM
Hello Mary.
Briefly, there are a series of small villages along the length of the Polden Hills(which stretch west to East), of which Moorlinch is one.When did your grandfather die?
Would his family appear on one of the 10yr census returns between 1841 and 1891? That could be looked up and maybe the farm name identified.
Will write direct to you when I have time, as I have some other general info about the area that I can give you. DB(dbown100@hotmail.com)
Re: Moorlynch- POLDEN HILLS
May 05, 2012 05:06PM
I do not recall your message ever reached me. My emails have changed twice.

My current email is-

mecapleh@frontiernet.net

Update me please if you sent information.

Mary Harrington
Box 349
Andover, New York 14806 USA

Thank you--Mary Harrington
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login