Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Ireland & United KingdomGenWeb Project Logo

Advanced

Forward

Posted by Jeannette 
Forward
March 08, 2003 08:29AM
Has anyone got any info on a family called FORWARD from Ilton.My 5x great-grandfather had a daughter called MAHALA STEPHENS in about 1821 in Ilton,she then married a JOHN FORWARD in 1845.They had four children JAMES,ANN,GEORGE AND ELIZABETH.JOHN and JAMES BOTH DIED IN 1873.In 1881 MAHALA was living in the almshouses in Ilton with her daughter ANN but in 1891 they were still living ing in the almshouses but her name had changed to AMELIA can anyone help.
Jeannette
Re: Forward
March 23, 2003 03:54PM
Hi Jeanette. I am also working on the Forward surname from England. Have been at this for about 7 years, and finding it difficult to search this name. My first question, is where in Somerset is the town of Llton? I was not able to find it on the Great Britain atlas that I have. This is what I have so far. Jane b. 1811, Charles b. 1814, Jane b. 1816, and are the children of James and Elizebeth Parsons Forward. James and Elizebeth were m. June 11, 1810 in Bruton. James died March 9, 1854 age 61 yrs in Twerton. This is where I have hit the brick wall and not able to go back any further than James to who his parents would have been. Or if there were brothers and sisters. Working on where he and his wife are buried and perhaps other family. No luck so far.
Charles m. MaryAnn Hall in 1808 and had the following children. Charlotte, Sarah Ann, John, James, Daniel, William, and Henry. This family came to U. S. in 1856. John is my husbands line. Perhaps there could be a connection somewhere between the two famlies. All info. is welcome, as I will do the same. Thanks, Carole
Re: Forward
April 24, 2003 08:07AM
Ilton is a small village about 1-2 miles from Ilminster Somerset.Have just found out that my Ann married a Thomas Swaffield and went to Canada in 1898.
If I find any info on the Forward's will let you know
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login