Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Ireland & United KingdomGenWeb Project Logo

Advanced

BEAKE, PITMAN of Westonzoyland

Posted by Clinton Beake 
BEAKE, PITMAN of Westonzoyland
February 13, 2002 03:25AM
Any information on the surnames Beake and Pitman of Westonzoyland, Somerset would be appreciated.
My Beake family also comes from Westonzoyland. My Ann Beake born 1823 in Westonzoyland married William Coombs-Coombes in 1844 in Moorlynch..Her parents were-William and Elizabeth Beake. William was born 1798 in Westonzoyland and died in Bridgewater,1859. Elizabeth was born in 1798 in Clayhidon, Devonshire. Their children were-Ann, Charles , George,Robert, Mary and Alfred. Ann died as a Coombes in Moorlynch on a farm.; Charles was born 1825 in Westonzoyland; George born in 1833 in Westonzoyland; Robert born in 1838 in Westonzoyland and died in 1884 in Bridgewater; Mary born in 1840 in Westonzoyland; Alfred born 1846 in Westonzoyland and died in 1866 in Clifton. There was a gentleman from Oxford on the Thames who helped me get this far with my lines in England- he was a retired archivist from the GRO house--his name was Percy BEAKE; I believe he is now deceased...but he was such a wonder and so helpful with the records. I don't know if my information helps you but I hope so. He had detailed census and other records on the Beake's as he is one...and told me that my Ann was part of this family. Do you have more Beake records? Let me know. Mary
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login