Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Ireland & United KingdomGenWeb Project Logo

Advanced

ABBOTT family from Little Addington

Posted by Sandie 
ABBOTT family from Little Addington
October 14, 2008 12:08PM
Well...I guess I'll start this one off :-)

I'm researching the ABBOTT family from Little Addington, Burton Lamiter area.

Giles Abbott b 1781 L.A.(Little Addington) married Hannah Frost 1800 in Sawtry All Saints, Huntingdon.
They were my 5x Gr Grandparents.
His father was Giles b 1759, m:1780 Mary Hall
His father was Reuben b 1719 L.A. m:1742 Hannah Henson
His father Reuben was b:1689/90 L.A. married Elizabeth Brampton 1713.....

Any way...we go back to Giles Abbott b. c1570 marriage unknown.
If anyone is connected to these familes, would love to hear from them.

Cheers Sandra, South Australia
Re: ABBOTT family from Little Addington
February 13, 2015 07:55PM
Hey there! I have been researching my grandmother's parents for a few months now. In this time, I discovered that her mother's side (HAWKES) had a few skeletons in their closet. My great-great-grandfather, George HAWKES (1858-1914), had numerous criminal charges throughout his life. The name ABBOTT caught my eye, since one of George HAWKES' associates held the name ABBOTT as well. It could be pure coincidence, or ... there could be some connection?

His name was Eli ABBOTT, born abt 1834. He appears in a few newspaper articles with George HAWKES, in reference to charges laid for larceny (robbery). ABBOTT was associated with others such as Samuel HARRIS, John LONDER, and Parker BAILEY.

It might be easier if you email me. Then I can forward you the documents I have containing his name. There's articles from the Northampton Mercury, and I'll even go ahead to see if I can find any Census records on him for you to see if there is a connection.

mckerracher.sa@outlook.com

Thanks!

Sara, from Canada
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login