Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Ireland & United KingdomGenWeb Project Logo

Advanced

WARNER

Posted by Lyn Heath-Harvey 
WARNER
January 15, 2003 01:39PM
I have discovered via the 1881 census that my great, great grandfather was James Warner (48 at the time so born c1833) who was listed as a boatman. He had nine children, one of which was also called James and later had my grandfather, Thomas Warner. There is a suggestion that the boatman James was born in Gloostone, Leicestershire, but according to an IGI search there were two James Warners born in Gloostone around that time, one in 1833 (mine, I imagined) and another in 1829. But for some reason the IGI appears to have linked my gg grandfather to the 1829 one but this does not tie in with the census age given. I wondered if anyone had any resource they could check for me to help clear this up before I go off down the wrong branch of the tree? Any leads appreciated. Thanks very much.
Re: WARNER
April 02, 2006 02:55PM
Hello there Lyn!
I dont know if you realise how small Glooston is, but it is literally only Main Street, Andrews Lane,Bluebell Lane, Cranoe Road, Burrow Hill Road and Harborough Road. With Cranoe and Stonton Wyville being the nearest villages. There is no Warners listed in the village now which is a shame.Nor is there any Warners listed in the electoral roll for 2002,3,4,5 or 6.
I am also researching the name Warner but in Leicester itself. My family name is Cooke, my mothers maiden name is Clarke and it is her side that is my interest at the moment. Her Grandparents had a connection through marriage who was a Warner who ran a pub in Leicester and had many children. I have got gravestone info today of a Rose May Warner b 11 feb 1896 d 20 march 1964 & George W Warner b 17 march 1897 d 6th november 1976 and different stone Samuel Warner d may 14th 1941 aged 69 & Eliza Ellen d 1943 aged 71. There were also 6 or 7 other warners buried in the same cemetery if you need them on my next visit.Good luck with your search!
Iain M Cooke
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login